Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Picture is Worth...

Islamic Response? Really?
Politics is the more likely culprit.















How dare you accuse Muslims of being violent!
I have been sorta (pardon the pun) shell-shocked by the images coming out of the mideast over the satirical cartoons printed in the European press. The burning embassies, flags and so on cannot be justified. Yet, there are those on the talking head shows who proclaim the cartoons to be provative, ergo the actions are understandable.














We are exercising our rights in a free society, so pardon the "Ban Intolerance" kinda thingy.
I applaud the defiant defense of the free press that comes from the continent. My applause for anything remotely EU is rare. Were the cartoons objectionable? To some. Are violent responses to cartoons reasonable? The question here is rhetorical.


















So say us all!
But just as I defend these rights in the press, I also see these rights being utilized by the public in the press. What follows are some images of Muslims in London exercising their right to protest in public.







This is, of course, my favorite flavor of piety. Isn't this the poster child for peace and tolerance? Won't Mama be proud?

What I want to know is this - since these people are nothing like the Muslims I know, where the hell do these people come from? What the hell is wrong with these folks? C'mon. We all know that there is something seriously wrong with their brains. What possible outlook could justify this call to barbarism?

Yeah, Yeah. I know... "Gott Mit Uns."

No comments: