Sunday, January 29, 2006

Desire...

It is a beautiful January morning in Florida. The temps will reach toward the upper 70s today and the sun will be shining bright. I cannot stop thinking about "Elsewhere."
I seem to live "Elsewhere." Just where is that? Well, in fact, it is quite a few places.
Of late, my mind tends to wander to India. That is no surprise considering I have been planning on moving back there for several years. It is also no surprise that the constant appearances make me a tad anxious - I am due back there in less than 60 days and I have a billion things left undone. My meandering daydreams come with great insistence - "YOU ARE NOT HAPPY HERE IN (fill in the geographical blank)!!!"
Well no shit.
I dream of going back to Japan, Malaysia or Singapore. I yearn to stroll the city streets of Melbourne and enjoy a sidewalk cafe's morning indulgence. I want to experience living in Prague or Vienna.
I want. I want. I want.
And yet, I want nothing except this cup of coffee.

No comments: