Monday, February 27, 2006

CoulterGeist


I cannot claim originality regarting the title here. I had Googled "Coulter" yesterday in order to find a certain item I had seen in the past which lampooned Ann Coulter and caught "CoulterGeist" as a tagline. Hadda go there.
Coulter is quite the polarizing figure. I happen to fall on the side of those who absolutely love her. She has a rapier wit and a fearlessness which must be witnessed (and admired). I have always loved smart, assertive women (even if I disagree with them). Damn you Emma Peel!
She also seems to love all of the negative (visceral) responses she leaves in her wake. I have to laugh as well, especially when I see all of the men, suppossedly in touch with the feminine, when confronted by such a woman. How dare she be smarter, better looking and funnier than some of the harpies and (girlie)men that jump through hoops in a vein attempt to put her down.
Her books sit (read) on my bookcase. Her columns arrive (and get read) in my email account. Her appearances in various media are eagerly awaited and tremendously enjoyed. I know I'll get to laugh at her (often outraegeous) jibes and enjoy the view.
Love her or hate her. She make the intelligent think, laugh and get outraged. She makes the reactionary earn their monikers. She makes the insipid left sit in their own fetid juices and stew.
I'm just sayin...

No comments: